SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

Need fast advice with my four-legged lovey. She's hurting.

rosemaryt
13 years ago

My sweet little dog limped in the back door last night. It's a *bad* limp. I inspected her left front paw and found a deep crack in her main paw pad (the big one). Last night, I carried her upstairs and laid her on my bed and put some aloe vera on the crack.

She never moved off the bed until I carried her downstairs this morning. That's not like her. She's a very busy little beastie.

This morning, it's still hurting her. It's not swollen or bleeding or ugly, it just has a crack in it.

I read online that cracked paw pads can be painful but there's not a lot that can be done. Has anyone else dealt with this? Any recommendations? It pains me so much to see her hurting.

She ate her breakfast and she went outside to go potty, but walking is obviously difficult and painful. She went potty right outside the back door. :(

Of course, this is a three-day weekend, elsewise I'd take her to vet first thing in the morning.

I'd be grateful for any and all advice. And what did I do? How can I prevent this from ever happening again? We were at the dog park on Friday and we took our morning walk yesterday, but those are things we always do. Her diet hasn't changed and she has not been gnawing on her little footies. If it matters, she's a Sheltie.

Help.

Comments (20)