SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mombondo

I am me! WHO are you?

mombondo
15 years ago

I am a "returnee" (left on my own) and I must admit I kinda get lost in some of the names and posts!

My name is Audry I live in Henderson, Nevada. I have always been "MomBondo" at this forum.........

Why Mombondo?

Mom, because I am a MOM

Bondo, short form of our last name (thanks to all the coaches over the years; easier to shout BONDO than our full name.)

I was introduced in 1999 by my "leetle seester"

Vicki_lv_nv.

How about YOU????

Comments (76)

• ritamay91710
    15 years ago

A guy in high school used to call me Rita May, he said it was an old song. I have never heard of it. LOL. I live in Southern California.

• Eliza_ann_ca
    15 years ago

Hi,I'm Audrey....checked out these forums while looking for gardening information about 6 years ago.
    Since I inherited my love of gardening from my beloved nanny who's name was Eliza Ann,I decided to use that as my forum name.
    Married for 45 years to my best friend.We lived in Ontario Canada for most of our adult life,but just this summer retired to the island of Newfoundland which is where we were both born and raised.
    We bought this house in the small town that I was born in.It's about 50 feet from the ocean,and It's so peacefull to sit and have my morning coffee looking out at the fishing boats comming and going in the harbour,
    DH has had some serious health issues in the past few months,but thankfully he's on the mend.
    I miss my 4 grown children and grandchildren who all live back in Ontario,but with phone calls,e-mails and web-cams,we are able to be in touch daily.
    I may dissapear from the KT once in a while when life becomes hectic,but I always check in, come back and check on my dear KT friends.

• Related Discussions

I think I am ready to sow-but you tell me

Q

Comments (4)
    Hi dkgarber, all the perennials you list can be sowed now or any time up to late winter or so. They probably won't be harmed by sowing in early winter, however the only plants that actually MUST be sowed now are those that require long cold stratification periods. Most perennials will do okay with 30 days and some germinate fine without it. I sowed 3 species of Monarda on April 4th and all 3 germinated within 2 1/2 weeks. I sowed the veggies and tender annuals like Zinnias and Cosmos around April 1 and put them in a warmer sunnier spot than the hardier plants.
    ...See More

Who am I and is something wrong with me?

Q

Comments (4)
    My guess--'Undulata' and it looks fine to me! And, you're fine, and a hosta-holic as well, and just like the rest of us!!! Now--take an aspirin---send me a hosta---and report back with pics. of all the hosta you have!! Works for me!!!:o) Oh, and there's ALWAYS a chance I'm wrong on the hosta I.D.! Others will either confirm I'm right or reveal I'm wrong! I can take it--I've got so much more to learn!!!
    ...See More

Jealous? Who, me? Am I?

Q

Comments (9)
    What would you do if he was in another profession dominated by members of your sex....like nursing, for example? As with flight attendants, the close association is impossible to avoid. The flight attendant job has the additional twist of having him at a distance, also, but the idea's the same. Unless you demand that he change jobs, you'd better get straight about this. Close association socially and professionally will be part of his life -- and yours. Your job is to be a such a wonderful wife and mother, that any temptation -- which I think is what you're worried about -- can be easily resisted. Being b..tchy about it won't help. This business of turning off your phone was pretty stupid. Do you have a good man or not? If you do, don't play these stupid games with him. Feigned jealousy can be cute from time to time. Real jealousy -- such as you've just described in yourself -- is poison. No reason you can't discuss this frankly and openly but it appears to me from your description that this personal characteristic of yours is causing you -- and him -- more grief than it should. Unless you're already dealing with a history of infidelity or suspicious acts, I suspect you may be about to cause them by your own behavior.
    ...See More

Am I crazy? Please tell me honestly if I am!

Q

Comments (10)
    sdkath, My husband and I are in the process right now. He even took on the task himself of the plumbing and electrical. that is the only thing we regret. Not because it was difficult, just a lot of work on his part working 10 hours a day and then coming home and working more. We started late July and are almost finished. What makes us think 20% is that our lowest quote was 38K and we are doing it for 20k. Ours is simple, free form, a couple rock ledges, play deck, seat, no water falls, etc. but we love it and it's going to be great for us. I agree, do your homework......Most subs are eager to help and they know all the steps them selves and know all the other subs. Take them a glass of tea, pull up a chair and talk to them about their work when they are there and pick their brain for other subs for the other steps. Schedule work for the days you can be there, Since ours was simple, each step was a one day process for each sub. A lot of PB's will help with owner builds now in our area because it's so popular. I think folks are catching on.....Make sure they have a license and get a signed agreement and quote before you start work. Never pay until all work is completed. If someone needs money up front they probably don't pay their bills and don't have the credit to get your materials. The most important part is a soils test if required in your area and good engineering for your plans. The rest of the steps are pretty simple.
    ...See More
  • declansmom
    15 years ago

I'm Barbara. declansmom, because I am......Declan's mom!!!!
    Declan is my sweet 3 year old black shepherd / chow mix.
    I live in NY in a suburb just 30 minutes from the City.
    I love this forum. I don't post too much because most of the time, I find answers to my questions through others questions!
    Thanks to everyone on this forum. You are all such a great bunch that I feel like this is my own little world!

• User
    15 years ago

Hi I'm JoAnn, I live in North Fl, born an raised in NJ. I've been here since about 1999. I left when you had to be a paid member, then stumbled back in when it was free, so here I am again. I love checking in to see whats going on, thats how I get the news. I've met some wonderful people here.

• lydia1959
    15 years ago

Lydia here born in 1959 - wish I'd been more creative with my user name. *sigh* I'm a MO resident who found the KT 6 or 7 years ago.

• kathyg_in_mi
    15 years ago

Kathy G in MI whose kids were called GRONO by the coaches and now even some friends.
    Been here on THS since 2001. DD was getting married and a customer at Joann's (where I worked) told me to go to THS for lots of ideas and help. I was hooked, 4 weddings later and I'm done with them!
    Have lots of friends here and can't seem to get away from THS. Every time the computer goes on I visit!
    Kathy G in MI, retired up north and loving it!

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Hi All. In recent years I've been more of a silent visitor on this forum but I'm a very active participant at the Florida and Quilting forums. I'm Solstice98 because that's the year I moved from a townhouse to a house with a big yard and started working in my garden the weekend of the summer solstice. I was on GardenWeb in the Spike days then and formally signed on in March 2001. My screen name is Solstice still but you can call me Kate.

I recently came back to this forum because of JunkYardGirl and started reading posts. I had forgotten what a wonderful place this is!

• trishaw
    15 years ago

I am me! I have a very boring sign in, thanks to Spike! I had something different, but as I was a regular poster over on the rose forums and I work for a rose nursery, Spike thought it would be best for everyone to know who I really was. So he sent me a "Spike" note to change it!

I have been at the table for about a year now.

Trish

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

I am patti....pat to some patti to others, trisha to my side of the family, mom to the kids and grams to the gkids.

pattico is my first and a portion of my last name.

I came here from the HGTV forums (that were and still are way too slow) was sent over here to the crafts forum and started looking around...stopped at the garden party....wasn't my kind of place then found this one....that was before pay to play....not real sure but I think it was late "98"

There isn't a better place.

I get confused when some change their names....

Gramzeeinmd....has that always been your sign on name? I just don't remember it...I though you were new when the pay to play went away...when spike left.

and Mombondo...I don't remember that name either...

but I guess that doesn't mean a whole lot...lol

memory is a fading thing...

patti

• Kathsgrdn
    15 years ago

I'm Kathleen, first found this site years ago (2000?)when I lived on top of a mountain in S.E. KY, after someone from here invited me from one of the gardening forums. The KT saved my sanity since I had no friends nearby, only in-laws. My kids were young and I had them and my garden to keep me company. One of my brothers then sent me his old computer when he upgraded.

• koda04
    15 years ago

i have been here since the first month and i am still me :)

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    15 years ago

I'm Gayle from Texas, living in the country with 3 dogs and an Old Man.

I started lurking(2005) at the GW in The Texas, Tropicals, Gulf Coast Gardening and Pets Forum before I discovered the KT. I was away from the Internet for 2 years of that time while taking care of Ailing Family Members.

Gayle

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

I'm Sherry from Ont. I frequent the vermicomposting and Houseplant forums on GW and found KT.
    I live with my sweetie, have 3 cats, and several thousand worms in our apartment.

My first post on KT was asking for help in making bread in my bread-maker and I got so many nice, friendly responses that helped my bread turn out so much better, that I wanted to join.

Jasdip is an acronym.....just another s*itty day in paradise!

• justlinda
    15 years ago

Hi, I'm just linda....was a lurker for about ahem years and found this forum on a real rainy cold day out here on the Island. Tried so many user names and they were all taken, and then I thought "Wonder if they'll accept just linda...." and that's how I came about.

P.S. ~~~~ I love it here at the KT.

• good36
    15 years ago

I am Judy from Michigan. I have a one son and one daughter and have been married 24 years. I have been at the table since 2001. My last name is Good and I was 36 when I started my first email address. That was a few years ago now!!! LOL

• monica_pa Grieves
    15 years ago

I'm...not real creative --- Monica from Pennsylvania.
    I came here after meeting a member (Betty?) on a cancer forum when late DH was diagnosed with prostate cancer, back in 2001. She suggested that I take a look at the KT.

• curlysue
    15 years ago

Hi my name is Susan and I have curly hair-Curlysue
    I started lurking even before I had a computer-I worked with a sweet lady who would print out post from the KT and I would read them at work, then when I got a computer in 2000 I just lurked for a couple of years and then finally I paid the membership fee and joined the party. Actually I became a member and then that nice lady who got me started decided to join too, some might remember Glucille. I helped her pick the name. That was the name of our Derby stick horse one year. We are middle aged crafters so Glucille sounded like a good name for our team Derby horse.
    I don't post a lot but I look in several times a day. I liked it better with Spike too.

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

Same as I have been!

glenda_al

• donna37
    15 years ago

I'm Donna, born in '37, no imagination when it comes to picking a name I'm afraid.
    Been around GW for ages, can't really remember, know you had to pay and I thought it was money well spent. Was searching something regardening gardens found GW and was on Farm Life for ages, then found the Junk Forum and was there for a long time before I found the KT and love it here. Still visit the other forums occasionally.

Live in So. Central Mo., semi retired, retired RN now have a small thrift shop I run 4 days a week. Married 47 years to Richard, have a stepdaughter, son and 2 daughters, 11 grandchildren, 2 stepgrandchildren and 3 great grandchildren.

• Toni S
    15 years ago

My name is Toni with a capital T, from Nebraska. (I wonder when we can go back to capital letters in our names?) I believe I found the KT when it first came about. Late 98 comes to mind. A ten year anniversary,,yea! I too, miss the Spike days. We use to have so many cyber parties and fun times teasing each other. Times are a changing.
    Thathomesite is a wealth of information!

• clubm
    15 years ago

I'm Marilyn and I have 2 friends and their names also
    begin with M so we call ourselves clubm. I lived in north
    eastern New Jersey. I've been here since 2006.

• vannie
    15 years ago

I'm Vannie in Tyler, Tx., b/c when I was expecting my first grandchild I didn't want to be Granny. My name is Vanette, so a gal I taught w/ said "be Vannie!" It stuck and I'm Vannie to a lot of people; 8 grandchildren, and a few friends call me that. That's fine, b/c very few people pronounce Vanette correctly!

• evatx
    15 years ago

I'm Eva from east Texas and have been here since about '98 or '99. Don't know for sure why we can't use capitals in our names.

• jahalaro
    15 years ago

I'm Elspeth (Beth) from Western Australia. Lurked since 2004, then spent some time on the Grieving Forum (cannot remember my user name then - my mind was mush), was without internet for 18mths and then came to the table after a lovely post from MsCsippy and was made very welcome. I am 56, signing divorce papers on Friday and the Mum of 2 sons, and Grandma of 3 boys and 1 girl. My screen name is made up of the first 2 letters of each grandchild's name. Because of time differences I am usually late to the conversation or putting on the kettle and waiting for everyone to wake up.

• smilin54
    15 years ago

I am Linda and I surely wish I was 54 again. My name is made up of the first 3 letters of my last name and the first 3 letters of my first name and the 54 is how old I was when I joined the forum.
    I started off over at Home Decorating, then went to Crafts & Decorations then I began lurking here away back when the site was free. It was around the time that Grandma_Bonnie (I think that was her name) was still posting and telling us about Griff. She passed on shortly after I started reading here.
    I will soon be 57 & I live in Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada with my husband and our dog. I have 2 sons ... one lives about a mile from us and the other lives in Enderby, BC.
    I check in here probably 3-4 times a day ... can you spell addicted? ... everyone feels like close friends although I've never met anyone and I very rarely post.

• aprilflower
    15 years ago

I am April from SE FL (hence the april part) and I love flowers (hence the second part). I can not grow nor keep alive any flower of any kind, so it's all just about jealousy at this point.

My mom the lurker (Sarber) introduced me to the KT waaaaay back "there's this place, it's the neatest site, and these people know everything". Been here since 99 or 2000, I was here when it was Spike's and then stayed when it went to pay. I think I had to re-register along the way at some point, my profile only says 2001.

I go through stages of lurking and posting, kind of like the tides, lol - but I'm always here in one way or another. :-)

• carol_in_california
    15 years ago

I am Carol and a fourth generation California.
    I have been here since 1997 and it just feels "like home."
    I have two adult children, one daughter who lives nearby and a son who lives in Tokyo with his beautiful wife and my handsome grandson, Jake. The new baby, probably a girl, will be born in mid November.

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

I've got so many nicknames, it's hard to keep up with just one. Most peeps call me Flamey, or FlamingO. I've been here for at least 8 years and I am very comfy in my chair, so quit trying to tip me out of it, Lydia!

I'm 51, work part-time at a frame shop, am happily married to 1 husband, have 4 dogs and 3 cats and stay busy sewing and painting or reading in my free time. Housework, you ask? Yeah, occasionally I do some of that, too.

I love the KT, love how I can ask almost anything and get a personal answer just about any time of the day or night. Google is great, but personal is better.

I post when time permits, but lately I read more than I post. That'll probably change with the seasons. So consider yourselves warned! lol

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

I'm Linda and I live in Ohio. I have been here since '98 or '99. I found the Crafts and Decoration when I was looking for instructions for a craft and from there found the KT. I used to post until it went to a pay forum. I have been active at the Quilting forum but haven't posted much this summer. My DD got married last weekend and I have been busy with wedding preparations lately.
    Since I-Village doesn't use caps, my name looks like something Homer Simpson says.
    Linda OH

• mombondo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am so glad I posted this question...I AM "saving" this post so I will "know" who everyone is. AND yes,I fondly remember several of you!!!!!

Shortly after I began posting...I was diagnosed with breast cancer and everyone at the KT became my supporters!!!!

Glenda I was a "swap" partner with....and unless this 54 year old mind is gone....I remember a Christmas ornament swap with a "Pat-something" I had an ornament personalized for her!

• lulie___wayne
    15 years ago

Hey, Audry! I'm Lulie and you can guess what my husband's name is. I wasn't real creative with this one, either. I've been around for several years now and live in Louisiana. I keep trying to come back, but seems my retirement years are busier than the working years.... maybe I'm just slowing down.
    I found this forum when one of my very good friends who owns a plant nursery told me about it. I too, have met many really nice and informative people. If I have a question of any kind, I usually find an answer here.
    I'm glad also, that you posted this thread. We all need to get reaquainted every now and then.
    Lulie

• intherain
    15 years ago

I'm Sheryl and I'm "intherain" because I live in Portland, Oregon. I've been meeting at the table for about 4 years, although way in the back!

Sheryl

• bigack
    15 years ago

Hi, I'm Susan from WV. Married to DH for 43 years, love gardening, photography, reading. We have two grown sons, no grandkids. Two dogs keep us really busy. My name "bigack" comes from my maiden name Atkinson, which everyone called me and my dad Ack, and I'm tall, hence the big. Thinking about changing it to Susanwv, sooner or later, getting tired of being big, since I've lost weight, lol.

• dirt_yfingernails
    15 years ago

I lurked at KT since about 1998-9 but participated a lot on the plant and seed exchanges for several years. Traded internationally quite a bit before the restrictions were put in place. I joined KT 3 years ago when my nephew's daughter was born in highly critical condition and was a premie. My sister and her family credit all the prayers for her nearly total recovery. All you folks are a great supporting comfort in good times and bad.

• samkaren
    15 years ago

SamKaren here from Mt. Carroll, IL.

Been at the KT for years now. Karen is my real name....Sam was my radio name.

So...just call me...

SamKaren
    your resident DJ

• nancylouise5me
    15 years ago

NancyLouise here, from So. Maine. Have been at GW since around 1998 or 1999. First came through the Rose forum I think, hardly ever go there now. I have had 2 names both with Nancy in them. There were so many Nancys when I first started during the Spike era (glad he is gone) that I finally put my middle name in the title. NancyLouise

• lilliepad
    15 years ago

I'm Lillie AKA lilliepod.Why lilliepod? Because my old nickname lilliepad was already taken!LOL I'm a 66,(67 Dec.14) year old grannie of 9 living in Big Spring,TX where I was born and have lived all my life.Been at the KT for a long,long time!

• mara_2008
    15 years ago

I'm Mara. Have lived in several states, live in GA at the present time. Fairly new to this forum; a friend told me about it a few months back. 54 years old with a great husband and children/grands. Main interests are reading and music (play piano; love to listen to good music).

• loggerbaby123
    15 years ago

hi im wendy. my name is sorta self explanatory(sp) lol. been here off and on for a few years sometimes by choice sometimes not lol past history no biggy. im 41 live in ny, NO *shudder* not the city but about 11/2-2 hrs from it. seperated no children, but 2 terrific neices one turned 2 this past weekend her sister turned 12 going on 20 this same weekend lol. i love all of your pictures though of the get togethers and the family pictures, and of course the animals. many new faces but this has always been one of the best places to be...here my turn to buy the chocolates, coffee/tea, pepsi/coke etc and a jar of peanut butter for you know who!! nice meeting you all,

• Dee1
    15 years ago

Hi, I'm Dee and I'm from Michigan. I've been here for a long time, but not sure of the exact year. I know it was before we had to pay. I stayed through that and am still here. I originally found GW through an internet search engine. I was looking for a tropical plant and the search engine thre out the GW website. I was at the tropical plants forum for quite some time, then started looking into the other forums and ended up here. I rarely to to any of the other forums, although I do enjoy the cooking forum and the recipe and dessert forums. This forum cuts into quite a bit of my day now that I'm retired.
    Dee in Michigan

• jaybird
    15 years ago

the Texas Jaybird here.....been around here for years, met several really nice table members and looking forward to meeting more some day. I am married and have the requisite numbers of kids, in-laws, step relatives, grandkids and a BUNCH of step great grands. Makes life VERY interesting! I don't say too much, but I enjoy all of you!!

• nan_nc
    15 years ago

Hi..I'm Nancy, from NC. Started lurking many years ago from work during lunch breaks..stayed lurking through the for-pay years..and finally got bold fairly recently.

I'm a transplant from the Willamette Valley in Oregon, and have been here with my not-always-pleasant soulmate for 21+ years.

Semi-retired (I work for my old company on an as-needed basis and have another part-time job) and actually look forward to going to work. Used to enjoy all kinds of crafts, until I asked myself "what am I going to do with this?".

My kids (son, wife, and two kids) still live in Oregon and don't see or hear from them nearly enough.

Like others, I find this forum a chance to connect with others my age (or maybe not)with similar interests, issues, or whatever. I feel I've discovered a whole new community of friends, very dear ones.

• JennaVaNowSC
    15 years ago

It is really great to hear about everyone. I have been a lurker, off and on for years, just joined a couple of months ago. i couldnt decide on a name, my name is boring, June, and i started to use my girls names ( we have two 4 year old Boxers Sasha and Bella) then decided to use the name Jenna, she was our other Boxer that we went to the Rainbow bridge when she was 11. anyway, the VA is for VIrginia where i live. didnt know you couldnt use caps.
    i am 58, my husband and i retired this year from our jobs, now i work part time in a medical office, love love love retirement.... have three grown daughters, 34, 29 and 29 (stepdaughter) and a son, 36. 7 grandkids the younger two are 21 months and 5 months and are visiting with their mom from california. i really love this KT, used to read the home dec and organizing forums mostly, but after i discovered KT, i try to check in every day. great bunch.

• littlebug5
    15 years ago

Hey! I'm littlebug5 from Missouri. I used to be just "bug" cause my initials are vw. Then I had to change cause someone else came on who went by "bug" - I'm short so I became littlebug. Then with one of the changeovers I had to re-register and now I'm littlebug5.

I've been here at least since 1998 - I've lived in this house since 1999 and I remember chatting on here at my old house. When did this forum start, anyway? I remember gingerbeachy, marlen, and bonnygranny . . . all gone now.

I have a husband, 2 sons, and 2 cats. We live in the country and have 120 acres of oak timber, ponds, and a little crop land. I work at a community college - this is my 25th year.

• melaniesc
    15 years ago

I am Melanie I am 34 married no children and live in South Carolina I have been here for many years, but took some time off so I am back now.

I am in my second semester of nursing school, hoping to graduate and go on to get my Masters in Midwifery.

• kiwidj
    15 years ago

kiwiDJ checking in from down under! My name is Debbie but there are soooo many other Debbies here at the table I decided to use kiwi (meaning New Zealander NOT fruit LOL!) and my initials, DJ.
    I don't remember how I came across the KT but it was in late 1999 altho I don't think I actually got brave enough to post anything until 2000!
    We used to have such alot of fun back in the Spike days .. riding the teacups was a favourite passtime for many haha!
    I don't get time to post much these days but try to check in once a day if I can.

• margad
    15 years ago

I am Marga, born in 1923. I live in Connecticut, have four children and six grandchildrem. Have been at the KT since 2001. What a nice group of people you are.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    15 years ago

The Des Arc in my name is for the town that I grew up in. The Ya Ya is for the group of "girls" that I grew up with and am still close to. (How do you like all those sentences ending with prepositions!? LOL)

• kathi_mdgd
    15 years ago

I'm Kathi,and there were and are so many of us with that name,and/or some form of it.So i used my Middle initial,and my maiden name initials with my married name initial.Confused???

I've been here at KT probably for at least 5 years or so,but i belonged to the sewing,quilting and gardening groups before that,probably around 1999 i think.
    I also live in S.Calif.
    Kathi

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone. I'm Betsy. Been on GardenWeb since the end of 98 way back in the Spike days when we used to pay. Started out on the Garden Junk forum. I lived in Montana then and we were all so hesitant to reveal anything personal on the internet. Tannatonk is a reference to my old dog who has since crossed the bridge. I've lived in Florida on the northeast coast since 2004, am married with two grown children, three grands and a have a very sweet golden retriever.

I haven't had time to post much lately, but I try to check up on you all whenever I can. I also like to visit the Florida Gardening forum.
    ~Betsy