SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

My son has moved into the dorm

Kathsgrdn
13 years ago

Lauren thought I would cry but I didn't. Maybe I was too tired to. He kept me up half the night packing...yes, he waited till the last minute to pack. And also reading a required book. They were sent home from orientation this summer with a book to read. The entire Freshman class! They are in some K-week meeting thing right now discussing it and getting to know their group leaders or something like that.

He was dreading it because he was so tired and it goes until 10:00 pm. It was a hot day and the drive around campus took over an hour, getting to the dorm and unloading, etc...After we got his stuff moved in and unpacked we went out to eat and to pick up a few things we forgot about, like shampoo-lol. Only we went to Sam's Club and all they had was GINORMOUS (I know that's not a word but that's what popped into my head as I saw them, then had a laughing fit right in the store when I asked Alex why he didn't want to haul one of those up 17 flights of stairs after walking from the parking lot at the stadium to his dorm in 90 degree heat).

So, we went to the Dollar Store here in our little town and bought the rest of what we could think of and came home. He then drove himself back to campus.

I now get to clean his room out and use it for myself, until he comes back home again. He says he's coming back every other weekend. LOL!

Oh, and I did sign up for a Sam's Club card. The cheapy $40 a year one. I got a few things, like cherries, apples, juice, Crystal Light Limonade, Taster's Choice Coffee, bottled water, Cheerios, and Pedigree dog food at really good prices compared to Kroger or Wal-Mart here in town. I wanted to get some toilet paper but they didn't have the brand I always buy, which I thought was strange since isn't it just a giant-sized Wal-Mart and I buy this brand there?

Alex opted out of giant pack of Ramen noodles or snacks. He doesn't want to gain weight his first year in college. I think he's going to get hungry and not want to walk to one of the cafeterias. Oh, well...

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz