SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdoktor6606

Just found out my man has a son.

RN Doktor
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have been dating my boyfriend for ten months, since October 2016. I have never experienced true love like this before. I am 40 years old and have dated men but no connection like this. Our energy is truly in sync and I can feel a deep love for him that fills my heart. We both have talked about children, and how he and I do not want to have children, and how lucky we are to both feel the same way.

On Tuesday, 6 days ago, his ex- girlfriend contacted him and informed him that he is the father of her child. He split with his ex in April 2016, which is 6 months before he and I met. He told me of this news right away on the same day he found out. He is in shock. I am in shock. Immediately ALL three of us, myself, my boyfriend, and baby's momma want a paternity test. Results come in tomorrow, but I think we ALL know it's his just bc baby is already 8 months old and resembles him.

I am writing to this forum to try to wrap my finger around MY feelings. Everything is so new and the emotions are still raw and fresh. One thing I do know and can understand is that he, my boyfriend, is no longer just mine and that his heart will now be shared between myself and his son. I get that, I can understand that....

I am not looking for anyone to "bash" me, however maybe people who have shared this type of experience. Most of the posts I see are referencing women who fall in love with a man knowing about the child already in his life. This scenario is a bit different considering we both met and fell in love before knowing about the baby.

I'd love to talk with women who may share this type of experience. Thank you in advance.

- searching for peace in our hearts

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors