SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephmc72_gw

Grant's first trip to the E.R.

stephmc72
15 years ago

Poor little guy! We were at our lake house this weekend and he was in the garage with Brent. He picked up a battery weighing about 5lbs and dropped it on his toe. It cut it open pretty bad. So off to the ER we went. We had to wait a couple hours before we were seen. He was so good sitting there waiting.

They wanted to x-ray it but they couldnt because he was thrashing around and too hysterical. He wouldnt even allow the doctor to look at it, he was soooooo upset. I was holding on to him as tight as I could and Brent held his leg down. They thought it needed a stitch so they numbed it (poor thing, I know that shot hurt bad) but once it was numb and he cleaned it up good, he realized it would be okay just wrapped up so they wrapped it really good and I have to take him to his own doctor tomorrow for a follow up. He's going to hate that.

He's got a sock over his foot and wont let you even take it off but he's running around on it and acting fine. But he's funny because I tried to take the sock off his good foot and he starting "oohing and ahhing' in pain. LOL. It wasnt even the right foot!

Poor little guy though, he had a really rough day. He was asleep in the car before we even left the parking lot and slept for 3 hours after we got home.

Comments (16)