SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_ont

I'm a licensed driver!

nicole_ont
15 years ago

I used to have my license years ago, but it expired in 1999 and I just never renewed it because Claude did all the driving and I liked it that way (that was way pre-kids). Too much time passed for me to just renew it, so I had to start over from the beginning.

I wrote the test to get my driving permit over 2 years ago now, but was in no rush to get my license because our car was a standard and I can't drive a standard (and didn't really have any opportunities to learn without the kids). But because we're having this 3rd baby, we recently bought a van and I booked an appointment for my driving test. I NEED to be able to have a vehicle during the days to tote Sophie around to her classes and groups and stuff. I took the road test this morning and passed it! I hit the curb while parallel parking and had to start over, but I passed anyhow. :)

After that, I drove Claude to work and the kids and I have been driving around all afternoon. It's been VERY nice. I don't feel stranded anymore. We won't have to get rides to all the homeschooling field trips and stuff, and I can take care of shopping and other errands during the day while Claude's at work.

(This is a big deal for me)

:)

Comments (26)