SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

This court sentencing warms my heart!

alisande
12 years ago

This morning Luzerne County Judge Mark Ciavarella was sentenced to 28 years in jail, and IMO he deserves every year of it. In a case known around here as "kids for cash," he and another judge were found guilty of taking bribes to send juvenile offenders (some of them accused of the most minimal sorts of "crimes") away to two facilities--which made money for the facilities' owners.

I didn't watch the video at this link, but I read the article. It doesn't mention the young man who was so badly treated by this judge that he ended up killing himself. I'll never forget his mother, videotaped by a local news station, screaming at the judge as he was led out of court a few months ago.

The article states in part:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court tossed about 4,000 convictions issued by Ciavarella between 2003 and 2008, saying he violated the constitutional rights of the juveniles, including the right to legal counsel and the right to intelligently enter a plea.

Does this mean the Supreme Court was aware of his misconduct (x 4,000) for five years and did nothing?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville