SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicksmom_gw

Outcome of 'Status Conference' in court today...

nicksmom
15 years ago

Well, DH says he thinks it went as well as it could have...short of Mom agreeing to SD15 coming to live here. I was not there, but the referee met with both attorneys, then with Mom & DH and their attorneys (all together), then separately with Mom, then with Dad.

He asked DH why he think SD wants to come here, other than "just because". He told him exactly the reasons that SD has been saying all along... lots of family, best friends, miss my Dad seeing me do all of my sports.

Have no idea what he asked Mom, but he (referee) did mention to DH's lawyer after the meeting that he thought Mom was "acting out of her own separation anxiety". DH's attorney said he "has a very good feeling about this".

However, nothing was resolved. Mom didn't agree, so SD gets to go before the referee in a couple weeks. She will not be too excited about that, but maybe it'll be easier for her to be honest with him than with her mom.

DH and ex went to have coffee after the meeting, since they really didn't get a chance to discuss any real issues. She says she thinks SD is immature, and changes her mind from day to day on lots of issues. She hasn't wavered on what she says about wanting to come here in over 2 years. She says SD always tells her "I'm not sure" when she asks her if she wants to stay in Mom's state or move to ours. She NEVER tells us "I'm not sure", but I'll bet if she really wanted to stay at Mom's, she'd be telling us she wasn't sure, because she doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Mom's other "objection" is she "just really thinks that teenage girls need their moms".

So, no decisions were made. Mom isn't ready to agree yet. I hope she comes around, but I'm not holding my breath. I will say, though, that even no decisions were made, I think alot of progress was made...with Mom willing to discuss things for the first time in 2 years. That's a plus. Hopefully, that will lead to more discussions and an easier transition for SD, should she be allowed to come here.

So, back to the drawing board.

Oh, I almost forgot. The referee told both DH and Mom that absolutely no "coaching" SD before he meets with them. And if finds out that anyone did, the "sh!t would fly and he'd be the one with the shovel"! Wonder if Mom will be able to manage that one, since she told SD to tell everyone here she "isn't sure what she wants to do yet". SD knows that we expect her to always tell the truth.

More to come....

Comments (87)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County