SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
curlysue_gw

Nervous Breakdown-warning!!! may be offensive

curlysue
14 years ago

I'm okay now but it was touch and go for a while. The last six weeks have been rough. MIL was in the hospital for a week and was not doing very well. Roof needed to be replaced, had sprung a leak that resulted in some drywall repair for DD's bedroom, which meant her room was a disaster area, also drywall work in bathroom, also a disaster area. DD moved back to campus-after several weeks of having boxes in my dining room and in the hallway, waiting to go away to college. Sister had surgery. I had to go to the ER last sunday-I couldn't pee-this is the offensive part-nope I could not pee, after 10 hours of not peeing but really needing to it was very painful-I went to the emergency room and they hooked me up with a catheter (sp?) and life was good again, have been to the urologist for tests and what not-no visible problem-must be nerves. Took DD to ER 3 days later-she has a kidney stone-doc thinks she can pass the stone on her own so here we go.

Life is starting to get back to normal

I can pee fine--check

New roof--check

Drywall work done-check

Bathroom painted--check

DD back to school--check

Boxes all gone--check

MIL doing great--check

Sister on the mend--check

One question, can nerves really keep you from peeing?

I am not a high strung person-all of this chaos was not bothering me-or I didn't think it was. Chaos is my middle name-not really, Carol is my middle name.

Anyway life is starting to calm down again.

I am extremely worried about DD and the kidney stone,(she is 100 miles from home) but her room mate is also her best friend and neighbor and she can call me or take her to the ER there if necessary-much bigger town and much better hospital.

Need to paint her bedroom also and then life will be worry free until the next round.

Thanks for listening-I just needed a little therapy.

Comments (14)