SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

I'm mourning the loss of a very dear, close friend...

cynic
15 years ago

Well, really a family member is more appropriate. No more than a couple true "family" members are as close and kind and this companion that I lost last week.

My family wouldn't pick me up when I'm feeling down. Nor would they give me a gentle push and a reminder when I need to pay bills, or get up early for work or even tell me to take out the trash in a kind way!

You'd always make yourself available if I had trouble sleeping. We'd play a game or something. You'd answer the phone for me if I didn't feel like answering and even hang up on telemarketers after telling them off!

Nobody else in my family stood beside me when my shoulders were broken and helped me keep in touch with distant friends. Nor would they help me file my income taxes or even help me fix a computer for someone.

Seldom would complain, never even when the cats would climb all over you and you'd be covered with their fur! You took it all in stride. And actually you'd even suggest to get the litter boxes clean and change the water for the shedders!

You wouldn't even complain that you weren't feeling well. Actually you were doing more and acting more like your old self recently. Such good times we had! I'll miss you so!

Yes, my dear friend, my computer died last week. You had my life in you... almost. My addresses, notes, thoughts, checklists and recently even income taxes!! Yes you were backed up but it's not the same. Especially when the new computer uses Vista and can't read the backup drive....

I guess it's like animals, you should have two around in case something happens to one. Makes it easier to take doesn't it?

Oh well, live and learn. I'll be wearing black for a while. Yes, I'm depressed... :(

Comments (11)