SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

I have a strange dog.

caflowerluver
15 years ago

I was up in the garden planting a bunch of stuff today. Usually my dog, a mini Dachshund named Elvira, in right in the middle of things trying to help me dig holes. She was in my face most of the time but finally got hot and went under some bushes for shade.

I had been taking out some compost to mix with the dirt as I planted. I had the door on the Earth Machine composter open. As it turns into compost it sinks to the bottom so you take it out of that door. It is located on the side at the bottom. It also has a lid on the top that screws on/off to throw the new stuff in. After spreading all the compost I wanted I put the door back on the composter. Then I saw some plants cuttings I meant to throw in so took off the big lid to throw them in.

I about had a heart attack when I saw something move inside, then realized it was my dog!!! If I hadn't decided to throw that stuff in the top, I wouldn't have known she was in there and would have been looking and calling all over the 2.5 acres trying to find her. Not to mention it can get pretty hot in there.

Why she went into the composter I will never know. Like I said I have a strange dog. And she got a bath as a punishment.

Clare

Comments (8)