SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parma42

OK, now I have a strange neighbor.

parma42
14 years ago

Spring must bring out the wackos.

At around 5:30 yesterday, DH and I were in our garage after doing some garden and patio planning. A 50ish (same as us) woman walked up our driveway. After making some small talk, she asked if she could use our garbage can. It seems like a plastic bag had become entwined in the branches of one of our roadway trees and she wanted to throw it out. She said the tree was in bud and it could harm it. So far, so good, even though it was apparent that we were being lectured.

She then began a rant about people who litter, saying that she goes to the small neighborhood park and picks up after all the mothers who just make a mess with their kids. DH is getting bored by now. We thank her and she goes on her way.

After getting back to our sidewalk, she walks a few feet west and starts examining out next-door neighbor's yard. A minute later she spies something on the ground, picks it up and marches to their front door and rings the bell. I can only imagine what she told them. This is a woman (the neighbor) who has the most beautiful gardens and always keeps her yard in a pristine state. DH is quite anal about our lot, too.

By the time we went inside, I was just muttering "She rang their doorbell." , over and over.

Oh, did I mention that the western burbs of Chicago had hail storms with 50 mph winds, yesterday? We had so much hail beat down in the morning, that even with the temps reaching the high 70s, there was a pile of it that hadn't thawed by the afternoon, that had come from our downspout. I'm sure she had plenty to pick from at the time that most were just starting to get home from work. At least she didn't have a trumpet, lol.

What would you say to someone who knocked on your door after finding a small piece of whatever in your yard?

Comments (29)