SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinitytx_gw

Not so good news about my friend......

trinitytx
14 years ago

I just received a message from the husband, that a good long time friend of mine is battling her end with cancer.

A year and a half ago she passed out in her yard, going to her car, and was taken to the ER.

They ended up diagnosing her with lung cancer. They found it had metastasized to the brain.

Over the course of treatment, she did well, and seemed to be getting back to her old self. Although optimistic, they knew that this would be a long hard battle.

She was the one I sent the "Chemo Sabi" troll doll to last year. Thank you so much Jenni in California ((hugs))

Her husband in Oregon, sent out and email today letting us know that they have had to call on the angels of mercy who administer hospice care for her, and she is currently in the hospital, but that maybe they can get her home for a few weeks.

He wrote "We have no real, definate timeframes to deal with, but the general prognosis (from all of the doctors associated with her case) is that God will more than likely take her home to be with him in the very near future."

This is so tough, we went to beauty school together, and for all that have gone to school with a friend, you know this is a bind that ties you close forever.

I only ask for prayers for her physical comfort, and that God protect her from fear.

Thanks from my heart,

Trin

Comments (35)

• carol_in_california
    14 years ago

I will keep her in my prayers.
    It is so difficult to lose a long time friend, especially to cancer. Makes you feel like you have lost a part of yourself.
    (((((Trin)))))

• Mystical Manns
    14 years ago

My prayers for your friend and all who know and love her, are on their way, Trin. I'm just so sorry that her battle is ending this way.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    14 years ago

You've got them coming her way, Trinity. I'm sorry that it sounds as though you're gonna lose a friend. ((Trinity))

• maryanntx
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she has comfort.
    My little Chemo-Sabe (made by Jenni)goes with me to all my chemo treatments. :o)

• Toni S
    14 years ago

I do wish for her, comfort and the word that comes to mind is, peace, knowing that her family will be ok and that she will always be in their hearts.

• glenda_al
    14 years ago

I'm sorry!

• trinitytx
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I didn't mention in my earlier post, that she is only 50 years old.

Trin

• trinitytx
    Original Author
    14 years ago

And one more addition, she smoked socially, but not often.
    Her husband has played in a band for over thirty years, and he feels guilty that she may have been over exposed to cigarette smoke in the clubs. He blames himself.
    She has an identical twin sister, that has not suffered any of the rath of cancer thus far.
    One just never knows.

Thanks for all your heartful thoughts, it's really tough to know the end is near for a loved one, and there is nothing you can do about it but wait.

Trin

• tralynn
    14 years ago

So sorry you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family. May she find some comfort and peace at this time.
    Tralynn

• socks
    14 years ago

How sad, and how her DH is suffering. I'm so sorry about your friend.

• linda_in_iowa
    14 years ago

I am so sorry. I have lost 3 very good friends to cancer.

• joann23456
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope her passing is full of grace and light for all of you.

• grammahony
    14 years ago

My heartfelt prayers for your dear friend, and her family. May she have no fears, and her family be wrapped in His love.
    Leslie

• pris
    14 years ago

(((trin))) Prayers & strength to weather this storm for you and your friends DH and family.

• nodakgal
    14 years ago

Oh Trin. I am so sorry, this is hard I know.
    Prayers for all!

• lydia1959
    14 years ago

So sorry Trin. I pray her passing will be peaceful.

• alisande
    14 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that, Trin. Yes, prayers for a peaceful passing.

• pattico_gw
    14 years ago

I'm sorry...I know how hard it is...I lost a friend who was a childhood friend all the way up until she passed...she was 48 years old when the big C got her. I hate Cancer...

patti

• kayjones
    14 years ago

I will add your friend to my prayer list.

• susan_on
    14 years ago

I am so sorry, what a tragic time this is.

• donna_oh
    14 years ago

Will put your Dear friend in my prayers.

Donna (^_^)

• sjerin
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this, Trin. Man, life is so very hard sometimes. I'll keep her and her family (and you) in my prayers.

• jemdandy
    14 years ago

Lung and brain cancers are meanies.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    14 years ago

So sorry to hear about your friend Trin, she is so young.

My prayers.

Sue

• country_bumpkin_al
    14 years ago

Adding your friend,her family and you to my Prayers!

I HATE CANCER!

• okwriter
    14 years ago

Trin,
    One of my best friends has a BIL with similar circumstances (lung then brain). He is still undergoing treatments, but what a hard fight...
    I'm so sorry for your friend and for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Rita

• dotmom
    14 years ago

((((((Trinity))))) If a miracle for your dear friend is not to be, I pray her passing is peaceful and pain free. I hope you have the comfort in knowing you two will see each other again some day. I'm so sorry for what you, her and her family are going through. Dottie

• Linda Wayman
    14 years ago

Trin, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope her final days are peaceful. May God grant all of you peace.
    Linda

• taigen_gw
    14 years ago

So sorry for all of you going through this...you are all in my prayers for peaceful hearts.

• lindaohnowga
    14 years ago

I'm sorry to know that your friend is losing her battle and pray that she passes quickly, painlessly. I HATE cancer too.

• Granlan_TX
    14 years ago

Trin, I'm adding my special thoughts for your dear friend and hoping her last days can be comfortable as possible.

I lost my dear Mother to this horrible disease and have some sweet friends now currently facing their own battle..all too young to leave this world. :(

• gneegirl
    14 years ago

Hi Trin,

I will certainly keep you, and your friend and her family in my thoughts any prayers. This very thing happened to a very close friend. He actually had a seizure in my front yard - I just held him in my arms and it was over just as quickly as it started. The lung cancer was just a very small piece of it. He had surgery and all seemed to be OK. Shortly thereafter, the brain tumor returned - it was a very aggressive form of cancer that he could not overcome. It was almost exactly a year after the initial seizure. He was such a strong person - physically, mentally and emotionally. It was such a shock to see that happen.

I can imagine how you must feel. I am really so very sorry. Sending hugs your way, kiddo.

gneegirl

• clubm
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry. (((Hugs))

• imina
    14 years ago

I am so sorry Trin. Sending prayers and hugs to all of you.

• chisue
    14 years ago

I lost my FBF (First Best Friend) to a glioma (brain cancer) two years ago. It was proof that life ain't fair.

Sorry for your loss, Trin, but glad she and her family will have hospice to ease the end.