SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanny98

Rescued Dog

nanny98
12 years ago

We have rescued a 9 year old female (spayed) Springer Spaniel. She has been here nearly 2 months, is very overweight and a recent check-up (and observations) reveled that she is arthritic and has seriously infected ears. In taking care of her arthritis, she was given a short supply of Rimadyl (5 days). She also has an enlarged liver. My question is about the Rimadyl since it has been ages since I had an arthritic old dog. At the Pet board several other meds/generic and otherwise are briefly talked about, and I have read them. Also looking for an 'online' supplier where they might be purchased more cheaply....if this protocol is not too harmful. She is a sweetheart (actually my DD dog that was left with Ex-DH etc. etc.5 years mostly chained to a tree in all kinds of weather but garaged at night, so not ALL bad)) and she has kind of "earned" a better quality of life for her remaining days. She has perked up and will be finished with her 5 day treatment, and of course, we are hoping that the lameness does not return as before. Getting the weight off is a real challenge, so gentle walks (me in my walker!)will take us a very long time to lose 1 pound. (lol) Hope you all can help me out here. Hugs...Nanny

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations