SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maybee_gw

Men and boys (frustrating)

maybee_gw
15 years ago

Dizzy the Clown is at our local Hy-Vee store on Tuesday nights, so I have been planning for a time when we could get our grandson there to see Dizzy. She is so good with kids. I don't eat out on Tuesday nights usually because I weigh in at Weight Watchers on Wednesday morning, but was going to make an exception this time. So..we head for Hy-Vee...on the way out there, my husband says, "We could go to the Sirloin Stockade instead." I told him that we could do that, but Dizzy the Clown wasn't at the Sirloin Stockade and we wouldn't be eating out in the first place on a Tuesday if it wasn't for that. I've been saying, Dizzy the clown, Dizzy the Clown...Tuesday nights, Tuesday nights for months. When we would go to Hy-Vee, I would point out the big Dizzy the Clown sign on the window and say that we were going to get Logan to Hy-Vee to see Dizzy....duhhh. "Oh, I forgot, he says." (I get so frustrated) We get to Hy-Vee and there is a line of kids waiting. I figured maybe she had been doing it for so long, the attraction might have died out a little, but that didn't seem to be the case. So..we set down to eat and I tell Logan he can go and talk to her when the line is shorter. So he eats his supper and we watch and all the time he is talking about what he is going to say to her and what he is going to have painted on his face. The time comes and I head for Dizzy, camera in hand. I get to her and ask if I can take pictures while she is painting my grandson's face. I asked because some things are trademarked and they don't like you to take pictures. She said she didn't mind at all, but did I have a child with me? I look around and...no Logan. I see him way across the room with his grandpa...Dizzy and I both motion for him to get over there...other children are descending on her. I finally get him over there and he doesn't want to talk. The desire to have his face painted gets the better of him and he does finally set down..(I get so frustrated)

Comments (5)