SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica13_gw

Please help review kitchen plans

14 years ago

I posted my home plans on Building a home forum and was advised to also post on the kitchen forum.

Need help with the home plans. Afraid we rushed into it and the foundation is already set. We are novices and trusted the judgement of builder and his architect. We recently went to interior designer for some advice mainly decorating advice and placement of furniture. She pointed out that kitchen is too small for size of house and without proper flow. She has taken 2 ft from the laundry room and redesigned the kitchen. However since she has to work within existing walls, she is limited. I had expressed to the builder that kitchen is important as I cook a lot and we would have 4 adults and 3 kids including 2 teenage boys living here. He assured us kitchen is adequate. But after consulting with the designer, we are not sure what to do.

Also, DH wants to switch dining room with study as he thinks open dining room and great room would be better and he prefers the study to be more private. This would increase distance from formal dining room and kitchen. However he feels that is just ocassional inconvenience when we entertain.

Help!!!!

I copy and pasted the above message I had posted on the building a home forum and provided a link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Building a home forum thread

Comments (27)