SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kobes51

Finished: Curvy Kitchen (picture heavy)

badgergal
12 years ago

My kitchen has been finished for a couple of weeks now and I love every inch of it. My kitchen was originally a u-shaped space 10ft 8in x11. We decreased the width of an entryway from 6 ft. 10 in. to 5 ft. and thereby increase the 10 ft. 8 in. wall to about 13 ft. I can"t believe how much more spacious my kitchen is with the new layout. I have 51 inches between my cook top wall and my island and 42 inches between my fridge wall and island. I'm not sure how much more counter top area I have but it certainly is more functional than previously. I thought I had lots of cupboards before but even though my kitchen now has some curved and angled cabinets, I have much more storage space (and I haven't even put things on the top shelves yet).

My new appliances are not high end but I love them. I have a 36in. Dacor gas cook top, a 30 in. GE Profile electric wall oven with convection and a 30 in. GE Profile Advantium 120. I love having the cook top and ovens separated. I can't believe how nice the heat control is on the gas cook top. My refrigerator is a counter depth Samsung french door.

The Venta hood dual blowers and halogen lights are awesome.

My cabinets were made by Amish cabinet makers who have a small shop about 80 miles from my home.I made one preliminary trip to their shop and then a second trip with my blue prints. They hired a driver when it was time to come and do the in house measurements and the delivery/install. All of the rest of my communications with them was through written letters. It took them five weeks to build the cabinets. Four guys came at 6 a.m. for the install and finished it 10 hours later.

The cabinets are natural,select cherry with a satin finish,

Counter tops are Verde Peacock granite. The sink is a 60/40 low divide Blanco Performa Silgranite (Anthracite). Grohe Lady Lux Cafe faucet.

The backsplash tile is a combination of glass, stone and stainless.

I had to have wood added to some areas of my kitchen floor and then a complete sand and refinish. My floors are natural ash with some cherry accents.

I was extremely fortunate to have the entire remodel go off without any problems or issues. I am thankful for all the insights, information and knowledge that I acquired through this forum.

I don't have a very good camera so picture quality and colors are not the best. Also I tried making all the pictures smaller but some still came out big.

Before:

New Kitchen:

{{gwi:1984642}}

{{gwi:1620416}}

{{gwi:1641765}}

{{gwi:1984647}}

With flash:{{gwi:1984648}}

{{gwi:1984649}}

{{gwi:1821979}}

Comments (56)