SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpowers_gw

Please help me pick my faucet and sink!

kpowers
13 years ago

I know there are a ton of posts out there on faucet / sink selection, but my head is going to explode soon if I don't cut to the chase and just ask for help :)

I really want an apron front farm sink, fire clay. I have looked at all of them...Whitehaus, Shaws, Porcher, you name it. Narrowed it down to Shaws and Whitehaus, but then learned that Whitehaus has their logo inside the sink like Shaws, although it does not show up on any of their marketing material. Not a huge fan of the logo. I want to make sure my farm sink has some kind of grade toward the drain, accepts a disposal with no problems and ideally, does not have a logo staring up at me. (I have heard that Shaws can be pretty flat on the bottom and you constantly have to spray everything toward the drain). Can anyone guide me here since I have never actually owned one of these sinks? Which one did you chose? Will I have to baby it?

Faucets: I want chrome and really wanted one that looks like the one in the link below but don't think I am going to deal with a side sprayer well. Since I currently have a KWC pull out which is great, but it is not the right look for the apron front sink.

Considering the Brideford by Grohe, which I believe alot of GW readers have, but I have to say, not a huge fan of goose-neck but I have to make sure functionality trumps style. Is it just me, or are those side sprayers really a pain to use?? I have tested out so many brands, and none of them go back in the hole easily at all. I feel like I am wrestling with a snake everytime.

Any recommendations for great function and great style with a white farm sink would be so appreciated. (My cabs are white shaker). Thank you!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Whitehaus Faucet

Comments (13)