SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marytwit

Whoops! Picked the wrong color for my red-orange floor!

marytwit
13 years ago

Hi, all,

I posted this query on the favorite green for creamy cabinets thread but a wise soul suggested that it would be better in a thread of its own, so here it is:

I'm almost through with a limited kitchen redo of my 1939 house. New counters (soapstone, backsplash, paint, appliances) -- but kept the old cabinets & layout and --because of the risk of asbestos, changes in height with an added floating wood floor, and the overall expense of taking the old layers of flooring out -- we have kept the 1972 vinyl Armstrong tiles in terra cotta reddish/orange.

My cabinets are Benjamin Moore 01 white, and the walls are BM Nantucket Gray, a really nice green that I love in my daughter's house.

I thought the wall color would look good with the reddish tile, but don't think it does -- it would be great with a wood floor, but either the colors are too much the same value, or there's too much yellow in the green, or . . . I'm not sure what. I don't have a great eye for color but think the floor color calls for something else on the walls.

These pictures vary in tone and accuracy but I think you'll get the general idea of the look of the walls with the floor. I can add more pictures in a few days if these aren't helpful enough. I would LOVE your suggestions of what I might try to pull everything together. I saw so many good greens in the green thread but have no idea which if any of them would do the trick. and if not green . . . other ideas? I really appreciate it.

By the way, the lights are going too. I'm thrilled with the counters, the backsplash, and the cabinet / trim repaint but realize my color choices need help!

Pics that show some of the floor with some of the walls, at various stages of moving back in -- the last shot is from the breakfast table area, without any table:

Here is a link that might be useful: more pics of green walls, soapstone

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths