SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
williamsem

Pantry and utility closet...swap? Anyone have 24 in utility?

williamsem
11 years ago

My latest idea is to maybe switch our pantry and ulitily closet. The utility closet has an interior of 31x23, plus I'd be able to keep our onion/potato bin and cases of beverages on the floor. I'm just not sure how using a 24 inch cabinet would work for a utility closet. It would have hold cleaning supplies, lightbulbs, indoor tools, etc. I will probably be able to move our paper plates and utensils to another area with the taller uppers. I would probably use the top part for paper towels and TP, but could also put them in the top of the pantry (current utility) closet.

Has anyone used cabinets for utility storage? I had a hard time finding pics online since 24 inches is the depth of many cabinets. I need to see width of 24 inches, which doesn't seem common at all. Too small?

Here's the almost final layout, pantry and utility are on the far right. Still some other small details to work out, but until my quotes come back I can't make any other final decisions.

Am I crazy? DH is no help here, need some honesty. Any comments would be appreciated!

Comments (3)