SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stelmoqn

Please Help Critique Kitchen/Dining/Utility in Our New Construction

stelmoqn
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I thought I was "ok" with the plan attached, but now that it is getting close to the framing stage, I'm not so sure. I'm ok with a narrower island in the kitchen, but wondered if the refrigerator might be flipped and recessed into what is now the pantry.

Also, I'm not in love with the layout of the utility room...I told my husband I am ok losing the sink, but if I recess the refrigerator, the pantry will have to be changed (and probably the front load washer and dryer on pedestals). I'm ok with relocating everything if the flow works better, and one thing that was not drawn on the plans but which I plan to incorporate, is a cabinet and small floating desktop to have a mini workstation.

We had planned a pocket door between the kitchen and utility room because it will need to be closed at times because of our dogs.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated! I've drawn so many rough sketches of this, but thought better minds (and someone with some computer software) could give me a new perspective.

Also, can someone please give instructions as to uploading photos directly to a link?

Comments (28)