SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

Please help me find a place for my utilities..

gillylily
13 years ago

When we built our house (moved in in January) I was a bit naive when it came to the cabinetry. I felt like there was plenty of cabinetry for everything, and despite my mother's constant plea to add a pantry (and not add a shelf), we just kind of trusted the cabinet maker and didn't have specific requests for the cab inets..

I truly love the kitc hen (and the house for that matter) but after living in it for 6 months there are things I am realizing I REALLy wish I had done differently..

Most importantly find a place for utilities.. There is no place in the kitchen to store my mops/brooms- we do have a teeny tiny mudroom off the kitchen with a closet which we currently use for shoes/coats. However, since the garage door and closet door open into each other, we will be taking out the closet and making a bench with shelving and baskets to avoid the constant collisions..

Up until now we have been leaving the mops in the stairwell to the unfinished basement, however we are now considering finishing the basement.

I don't want to store them in the garage. My laundry room is upstairs next to my bedroom. I do have a closet in there, but running up and down the stairs with them could get old (currently my central vac. is stored up there)..

Anyone have a CREATIVE idea as to what I can do?

Comments (11)