SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

A sincere, heartfelt Thank You that's long overdue

ladyamity
13 years ago

It's been about four months, maybe five that I have been to this forum.

At the time, I had one nerve left and that one nerve was being severely compromised by everyone's wants and needs.

At the time, I felt my needs and wants were falling by the weighside and I didn't have a say in ANYTHING.

At the time I posted, I don't think anyone here on this forum could have guessed how low I was on the emotional/mental scale.

For background: In January of this year we had a main drain pipe rot UNDER our cement foundation near (where we thought) the kitchen sink.

After calling Homeowners Insurance and the proper fix-it repair people we were given the bad news that Homeowners does NOT cover 'Outgoing' water leaks. Homeowners would only cover "Incoming" water leaks.

Used up all our savings, cashed in our only CD and got all the breaking of cement trench (ended up going all through our kitchen and across our dining room) plumbing and electrical repairs paid for.

Then it was paycheck by paycheck to put the kitchen back together (and still is).

LOTS of Craigs List, Ebay and Estate Sales came into play.

Add to that: a husband that was doing all the work himself (I did the non-heavy jobs: mudding/sanding drywall, laying of slate floor, all the sanding, trim painting etc.) while he worked 5 1/2 days a week, both elderly parents living with me (they were beside themselves that they didn't have "Their" kitchen! lol) and then my Dad became very ill.

No sooner did we get my Dad back on his feet and Mr. Amity started having pains under his armpits. We figured it was from weeks and weeks of lifting the drywall....enough to cover a whole kitchen.

Nope. He ended up in the hospital.....99% clogged arteries and 3 stents later.

So we get him back on his feet and again my Dad got sick. We thought we were going to lose him....Sepsis for an 80+ year old man with diabetes is not a good thing.

Six weeks later, Dad is mobil, we can continue with the kitchen.

Mom gets sick and two weeks in hospital and 2 weeks in Convalescent hospital and she's on the mend.

Continue with kitchen, little by little.

Take another break to help with the Inland Empire/Temecula Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

During setup of booths, my sister had stomach pains so bad she doubled over and couldn't stand up.

Race to hospital where they kept her until the morning of the event.

She attended in a wheelchair as she alone was responsible for getting the company she works for involved with the event and she wouldn't have missed

it if she were on a gurney! lol

Two days after the event she/we get the news.....five years cancer free as of July 2010 but the cancer has metastisized. Terminal.

All of a sudden the kitchen was the furthest thing from my mind.

So very important for nine months...top of my list of priorities.

Now? Nah.

I just want it done!

SOOOOOOO, in all this, I wanted to make sure the people that helped, understood, listened, offered advice, gave me such beautiful words of encouragement on a forum that I was able to copy/print and keep them with me......I wanted to make sure you all knew how much all that meant/means to me.

If it weren't for all of you....your comments, kinds words, advice, opinions, I don't know that I would have been able to keep it together.....reading your words whenever I didn't think I could take any more, was a morale boost, an emotional uplifting, you could say your words to me on this forum at the time were a mental lifesaver!

Thank you to all of you who took the time for that post.....the same as those replies did then, they mean the world to me now and will continue to mean the world to me.

Am

P.S. Please overlook the many typos, monkey-finger blunders and bad grammar. I am between baths right now. :)

Comments (29)