SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Dealing with long term, overdue items.

claire_de_luna
16 years ago

Inch by Inch, of course! I found one of my favorite winter coats (vintage black) recently, which I'd lost for 13 years. It was hanging in a place I knew I'd looked at least half a dozen times, so when it showed up, I decided not to question and be grateful instead. I just got it back from the cleaners; when I dropped it off I found a coupon in the pocket dated December 1994! This week I'm also gathering up a couple of items to have altered so I can actually wear them; I'm putting it on my calendar so it gets Done.

Those scales I'd hoped to find the original part to (and never did) finally got put together last night and calibrated. I tracked a supplier for the part I needed online, and it's fixed. When I opened the package I actually laughed at the size of the part, and wondered no more why it got lost! Yes, my digital scales that I got to replace it actually work better, but it felt great to have this old antique up and running again. Yes, I know I could have gotten rid of it, but it seems to fit in the room with the treadmill and hand weights, and that's one long term frustration I can cross off my list!

As regards emergency planning, I had to drive my dog to the Emergency Vet Clinic last night after she hit a car. (Yes, she hit the car while crossing the street and knocked herself out cold. I'm so glad it wasn't the other way around.) Fortunately she was ok, but I didn't know where to go, so this is obviously one number I need to store in my mobile phone. Trying to figure out where to go took precious minutes that I might have needed if the situation had been more serious. As it was, dh saw it happen and thought she was dying, so it was a tense, emotional evening. Lessons were learned; I didn't have to *itch, and all is well that ends well.

I'm to the point where my infrastructures (as TS likes to call it) are (almost) pretty well in place, which is helping me see better the little things that I've needed to deal with. Besides accomplishing those long term lost/found projects, what I'm seeing around me that is currently outdated is my den; it needs a mini-makeover, which could include some organizing once I figure out how I want to utilize it better. There are some built-in shelves in there that have serious dust catchers on them, and I'd like to fill them with something that requires a little less maintenance. I put books in the built-ins in my bedroom, which I'm really loving. I was looking around in there last night and I finally feel like the bedroom is a comfortable restful haven. Now if I could get the same feeling for my small little den, it would be great. It's such a small room, and doesn't need all that much; it's also where we watch television. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to best utilize those dusty bookcases?

I'm curious if anyone else has found any long term items/projects they've been able to accomplish lately? I find those things that have been hanging around for too long particularly inspiring, especially once they're dealt with. I'd love to hear about yours!

Comments (7)