SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellen1234_gw

xpost - 2 panel vs 6 panel doors

Ellen1234
10 years ago

[I posted this on the Home Decorating forum and got a lot of good feedback, but I thought I might get some good input here as well - I'm in the final stages of a kitchen remodel :)]

Hi,
I'm hoping to replace my hollow core doors with solid core (painted white). I'm also replacing all baseboards and trim (to go with a higher profile), so figured now's the time to do it. I was all set to replace 6 panel with 6 panel. But the contractor came over today and actually said he just finished an entire house remodel and they used the 2 panel doors and it looks really great - he said the 2 panel is an upgraded look.

Note that I'm getting a new den door installed tomorrow (double 15-lite French doors).

My home is just your average traditional/transitional home I guess, 3600 sq feet, open floor plan. Lots of earthtones/neutrals.

Also, I was going to go with the Weslock Elegance Bordeau lever handles in oil-rubbed bronze -- thoughts on that?

http://www.homedepot.com/s/weslock+elegance bordeau lever oil rubbed bronze?NCNI-5

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company