SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmm6797

Trying to figure out if problem is with Wolf oven or hood??

cmm6797
12 years ago

I've posted a similar question in the appliance forum but now I'm thinking I may not have diagnosed the problem correctly.

New all-gas Wolf 36" range causes a ton of humidity on backsplash when the oven is on. In a 2' x 2' area on the backsplash, the tiles are all wet, some are dripping water. Wolf says this is normal and we need to use the hood all the time that the oven is on. Friends with Wolf gas stoves say it doesn't happen with their ovens.

Last night the oven was on for over an hour. I had the hood on (medium speed) for the entire time, even during preheating. The backsplash was still wet and dripping. Also the tiles that are right above the stove got really dirty and the grout is stained. So seems like the oven vented directly onto the backsplash.

None of this seems right to me and it's really stressing me out. This is a new kitchen! Wolf is coming out to look at it but now I'm wondering if we could have an issue with the effectiveness of the hood. Possibly not working as it should?

How can we tell if there's a problem with the oven and/or the hood?

I know there are not many gas oven owners out there, but if you do own a gas oven could you please let me k now if you see any of this with yours?

Comments (7)