SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
red_eared_slider86

My kitchen remodel is in progress! (Pics)

red_eared_slider86
13 years ago

My GC does not mess around. Demo started 15 days ago, and they'll be installing the granite 3 days from today!

BEFORE PICS --

The kitchen from the breakfast area. That big island caused more trouble than it was worth. Thru traffic tended to flow right through the work areas because of it, and we had to walk around it to get to the pantry. You couldn't get through that side of the kitchen if the pantry doors were open. And guests tended to loiter between the island and the pantry anytime we were in the kitchen, blocking access.

{{!gwi}}

The useless "desk" in the recessed corner. I also didn't like the presence that the fridge had. It seemed to block that whole corner.

{{!gwi}}

GUTTED:

Tell me you don't love the wallpaper:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

View of the breakfast area from that recessed corner:

{{!gwi}}

CABINET INSTALLATION:

Our new peninsula with breakfast bar. I took advice from GW'ers and increased the bar overhang from 9" to 12". You can see the "Freedom Brackets" here. They will be covered by decorative panels, and I'm waiting for decorative wrought iron brackets to arrive which will be installed at either end. A little bit of overkill on the overhang support, I know, but that bartop ain't goin' nowhere! Granite will go in on Saturday.

{{!gwi}}

New fridge location. Don't worry, it fits:

{{!gwi}}

View from the other kitchen doorway. I really like how open it is! And with the new bar, visitors can relax and stay out of the way at the same time. We're replacing the solid pantry doors with French doors. I'll put decorative film on the door glass to conceal the pantry contents.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

And here's a sample of the Kashmir Gold granite with the cabinets:

{{!gwi}}

So far, so good!

Comments (10)