SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
farmermclarry

Giallo Etrusco Marble - opinions please.

FarmerMcLarry
10 years ago

Our search for countertops took an unexpected turn today. We were previously leaning toward an Arabescato quartzite or a honed granite when we came across Giallo Etrusco marble today. My wife and I both instantly knew it was the color, pattern and overall feel that we really would love to have in our kitchen. It is "The one" so to speak. I had been shying away from marble having read about its gentler nature as compared to quartzite and granite. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage kids and my main concern is durability - we "live" in our house. Also, it is polished, not honed. I think I would prefer honed, but I don't know if this particular coloration would be as perfect in honed. The polished finish really seems to bring out the beauty of this marble.

A little background. We are close to starting a full kitchen remodel in our 1926 home which will be replacing a 30's kitchen with a total of about 8 sq ft of counterspace (I'm not exaggerating) that we've lived with for the past 13 years. The kitchen reconfiguration will give us a total of about 33 sq feet of counterspace which I can tell you will improve our lives greatly :)

So, my question is - and yes, I've been trying to do my homework on marble and other stones - could/should this be the one for us? What is your opinion on marble in the kitchen? What is your opinion on honed vs polished? Will it look terrible in 2 years? I don't expect it to remain perfect, but I wouldn't want it to look trashed.

The samples in the picture are of the color of our cabinets and our new RAL 4004 BlueStar range. This marble just seems to blend perfectly with all of our choices. Maybe I've answered my own question :)

Thanks everybody!!! Here's some pics...

Full slab...

With samples...

Isometric view...

Comments (27)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH