SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megpie77

Anyone have Walker Zanger calacatta marble?Store employees confus

megpie77
14 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone will even read this as I haven't come across too many threads with people using WZ marble.

What happens when you go to different tile stores?-You get many different opinions and it doesn't help!

I was set on ordering calacatta from GBI. They are changing where they get their marble and so would have to get more updated sample from them to see what it looks like. Walker Zanger has beautiful calacatta but they only offer honed and wasn't sure if I wanted honed. However, at another tile store (he can get WZ cheeper) the guy there that has been doing this for 20yrs said marble is marble and is so varied people rarely get what they think it will look like and are usually unhappy. I told him how icky the samples were from buildersdepot and he made it sound like that's what you can get with marble. Then I mentioned how I heard higher end companies are very picky and only order grade A or B marble for there company. He didn't really confirm this. I told him the gal at the other store told me how beautiful WZ calacatta is. He said yes they are the cadillac of tile but...But what-I'm confused now. I understand it is natural stone and varies but don't some companies have prettier looking marble thank others? He also told me soapstone was very porous (it's not) so I'm not sure how to take his knowledge, or lack thereof. Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated now and confused. I was just curious if anyone on here has Walker Zanger calacatta. Picture would be great!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH