SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmarcel

Forfeit airtub for soaker?? Please help

Karen Marcely
12 years ago

I know this isn't so much a need for design help and of course only a decision I can make, but would please like some opinions.

We are doing a bathroom remodel, replacing tub, tile on floor and tub surround, vanity and countertop. I have secured my contractor and going forward with this project in mid-April. I have had my heart set on a Bain Ultra Thalassa alcove air bath. Now some unexpected things have come up (non-bathroom related) and I need to cut costs. Of course my tub is the biggest expense. I know there may be some less expensive nice airtubs other than BU but I need to keep the height as low as possible and I have not found one that is less than 20" high. This is a tub/shower combo.

So I'm pondering what would be my biggest regret?? Giving up the air tub for a soaker or giving up the granite countertop for a less costly countertop? Our vanity is 6' long so I need to custom order whatever we get and I'm not even sure what would cost less than granite other than laminate, as I have looked at quartz, corian and all of those are just as expensive as some of the granites.

Does anyone have a soaker that wishes it was an airbath or visa/versa? And what about the countertop issue, will that be a bigger regret?

It's an upstairs bathroom only used by myself and my husband or when grandkids come. Therefore, not a bathroom normally seen by guests. But of course I see it!

This is keeping me up at night and need to make some very fast decisions, please help me.

Comments (18)