SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jgs7691

please help with granite selection for cherry kitchen

jgs7691
13 years ago

We are 98% finished with our kitchen layout, and are moving on to countertop selection. Our cabinets will be cherry with a "ginger" finish; flooring will probably be a natural oak (to match existing flooring) but in any event will be light in color.

We had originally focused on quartz (Zodiaq), primarily for ease of maintenance, but have been convinced by enough friends and family members with granite that the annual sealing is not a big deal and should not be a barrier to granite ownership. (Fingers crossed.) I looked at both dark ("Peacock" - although I love hungryheart's cherry/uba tuba combo) and lighter slabs (European Gold, Giallo Veneziano, Giallo Vicenza, and New Venetian Gold), and have preliminarily narrowed it to European Gold and New Venetian Gold.

The following is a picture of my cabinet color (small wood sample -- wish I had a larger door to share), sitting on top of a larger slab of New Venetian Gold and a smaller sample of European Gold.

I would love any opinions, suggestions, or photos of similar projects using suitable granite colors.

If you want to talk me out of using granite, I'm open to listening to that advice, too. :)

Here's a 3D photo of the project, to get a sense of the space. The kitchen window and exterior doors (will be a french door opening outward) open onto a covered porch, so we get natural light, but not an overabundant amount.

Thanks for your time!

Comments (11)