SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glitter_and_guns

Kitchen Hadware - is not having it a regional thing?

glitter_and_guns
9 years ago

My husband and I were having an interesting conversation today. While house shopping I don't recall seeing a single house that had kitchen hardware in it. I also have childhood memories of friends/family members having kitchens without knobs and pulls (same state but several hours away). I am friends with families that live in several of the highest end neighborhoods in our area, and no knobs. In my own, fairly middle of the road neighborhood, I can only recall having been in one house that had hardware. My own kitchen has none.

My husband grew up in another part of the country and has no understanding of how this could possibly happen. He can't stand that we don't have hardware now. We will add it when we update the kitchen, if for no other reason that he wants it. But it did make me think, are there differences in different parts of the country? Different years of construction? I don't know what to attribute it to. To me it doesn't look "naked" as I am used to the look, but apparently he thinks it looks like someone couldn't afford to finish the kitchen.

And obviously we are not discussing "Houzz" or "garden web" type kitchens. Just the kind that one finds in a normal house in an array of price points.

Comments (19)