SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Please show me your cabinet end panels!

artemis78
13 years ago

Agh, I thought I had made all of the decisions at this point...but no, our cabinetmaker is asking what type of end panels we want on the four exposed edges of our cabinets. Two are 36" high panels and two are floor-to-ceiling 108" panels. His suggestion was to use a panel that is the same style as the door. To complicate matters, we have one set of flush inset cabinets and one set of frameless cabinets, and the end panels are across the aisle from each other---so I want them to match, even though the cabinet styles are slightly different. The cabinets are different depths, too: one is 15" and one is 24". The two high end panels are also different depths at 21" and 24".

I would love to see what others' end panels look like, and why you decided to do them that way. It had never occurred to me that they wouldn't just be slabs (and, I guess, they can be, but my husband thinks that will look unfinished). Our cabinet style is painted with Shaker doors, and we're going for a quasi-vintage "modern bungalow" look with very clean lines (no beads, straight edges, modern pulls, etc.). What would you suggest? Thanks!!

Comments (14)