SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinaplus6

Suggestions for flooring in my kitchen?

Christinaplus6
9 years ago

So, I've been informed that my floor doesn't "match" my granite. I've been wanting to replace my floors anyway (though I wasn't planning on my kitchen floor). I have a small house and I'd love to have my whole top floor be the same flooring so that it helps make it look bigger. Tight now I gave about 5 different types of flooring in that space. I would at the very least like to bring it down to 2. But preferably 1. I would love to have wood floors but I have 6 kids and while I was researching them I had several large water incidences (which made me need the floor to be replaced even more but now I don't know what to get). Right now I have some very bad laminate. I bought it without seeing it first and it had no reviews. My kitchen is actually vinyl tile, which I don't mind at all, I just hate cleaning the grout. My bathrooms are also vinyl and I'm looking to either have the same flooring or real tile (but man, I hate grout). The bedrooms are a walmart laminate which I am actually crazy impressed with. It isn't very pretty (though that may just be the colour not being my preference), but it never scratches and water seems to have no effect on it (and it gets way more water than it should with my 3 year old dumping secret glasses of water on it and I don't find it till hours and hours later). My problem is that I don't care for the way vinyl planks feel and I was just informed that after a while, they'll react to water the same way laminate does anyway. I'd love to have hardwood but I have 6 kids, as I said and that's just a disaster waiting to happen. Laminate would be great but it's awful with water and that seems to be my biggest concern. Blah. Why can't choices be easy? Here is a picture. If anyone has any recommendations for a type of floor or at the very least a colour (keeping in mind that the kitchen is far from finished and the walls will not be lavender but a neutral cream...and the butcherblock is going to be a darker ash brown once I finish it).

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths