SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lugal78_gw

Novalis peel-and-stick vinyl planks -- feedback? (Cont)

LuGal78
12 years ago

Hi Folks!

I wanted to follow up with this topic as I think there is many expressed pros and cons regarding Novalis peel and stick planks. I can only advise with my experience with these planks and I can say that I have not had one plank lift after I put them in two months ago. Here is the pictures of the work in progress when I laid the planks from beginning to end of installation....

{{gwi:203083}}

Please be aware of your floor surface. I can't say this enough... I read that there are different remedies when handling the many different surfaces when laying these down (do not assume the self stick glue will be strong enough).

In my case, I only had to deal with old vinyl flooring. I still swept, mopped and made sure that the floor was clean before applying Henry's tile primer which I totally suggest as it makes the tiles stick real good. A pain if you have to pick the tiles up for adjustments though!

AND I CAN SAY THE I REALLY LOVE MY KITCHEN FLOOR!!!

My hands and body hurt for two days after I installed the floor but the pain was welcomed.

For those who are worried about dog's nails scratching the vinyl planks. Let me tell you, I have two Black Labrador girls (BIG dogs) and the floor is withstanding their nails, my heels and me being clumsy and dropping things on it! The dogs do slip and slide but other than that, the tiles are handling the abuse. LOL I actually installed these on the steps down to the basement (where my girls stay during the day) and there has been no lifting nor scratches. The girls go up and down those steps daily!

I can say that the floor when laid properly does last and withstands a lot. Of course, don't go scratching it with sand paper or stabbing it with a knife because I can guarantee that no vinyl will outlast that kind of torture!!! =)

But if you are looking for a inexpensive upgrade... I totally suggest this flooring.

Here's what my kitchen looks like now!

I hope this helps anyone out there with questions!!! =)

Comments (12)