SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cleobear_gw

Need Help Please -- Spanish Tile / 1920's Kitchen

cleobear
15 years ago

I am new to the board, but have found everyone so helpful. We are knee-deep in our remodel and need to select several things before my husband loses it! We live in a 1920's home w/ a spanish tile roof (thus it has a bit of a spanish flair). I would like to incorporate the spanish flair into the kitchen, but at the same time I want to bring the home back to its original character. I have ordered white inset cabinets w/ exposed hinges and stainless appliances and hardwood floors. Here is the dilemma, what backsplash and countertop. I don't necesarily want (or can afford soapstone or granite), so I was going to use a tile countertop. But, I like subway tile, too, for the backsplash. I am not sure if these 2 looks will go together. Also, I am afraid that the bright gold tile on the countertop will turn people off for resale. Here is what I am thinking for the border and as a mural behind the backsplash: http://www.mexicantiles.com/10618-puebla-border-mexican-tile-borders.html

Please let me know your thoughts on whether this gold tile will look good w/ a subway tile backsplash. Thanks in advance! Any other ideas are appreciated.

Comments (9)