SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amhers104_gw

Creative Uses for usable door refrigerator end panels

amhers104
11 years ago

Today my contractor installed the refrigerator end panel. We ordered doors to go on the end panel to give it a more finished look. Up until today I thought they were just fake doors. I was surprised that they actually open. However, when you open them it is just a flat panel of the cabinet, only about 1 1/2 inches deep. So now I am thinking I can use the 2 bottom doors to create my own "message center" by getting either a cork board or a magnetic board, some pads that stick to walls and pencil, pen holders. My new appliances were delivered today and I absolutely love the counter depth refrigerator, which is right behind this panel.

I have an idea for the two upper doors. Directly behind the doors is the cabinet that goes over the refrigerator. This is a 24 inch deep cabinet so whatever I put in the back will be very hard to get to. I was thinking of maybe having my contractor cut out the panel when you open the upper end panel doors. This will allow me to access the over the refrigerator cabinet from the side, with easier access to the things in the way back. I ran this by my contractor today. After he laughed, he said, "creative.. could work, but I typically don't start cutting into nice cabinets i just installed." He said it could probably be done and may work good for us. Told me to really think about it and make sure thats what I want before he starts cutting brand new cabinetry.

Everyone has been great with my questions this week so I figured I'd ask everyone what they thought. Any thoughts or other suggestions??? Again, when you open the doors there is only about 1 1'2" deep, Maybe someone has a better suggestions of what i can do with this space. I'll post some pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

Comments (16)