SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andreak100_gw

And today, we got stoned

11 years ago

Well, we STILL don't have everything finalized with our GC...but, we have our stone and fabricator!

After two trips to each of the two large stone suppliers in this area (to be fair, the first trip to each was when we were looking for a dark color stone, the second trip was for a light color), and going to 8 fabricators, we finally found the fabricator that we feel will do the best job for us and we found our slabs over the weekend. Today, I drove the hour each way to sign the contract and hand over money to keep our stone until we are ready for installation!

There's a sense of happiness, relief, and the startling "OMG, it's now set in stone". But, we're there!

We are working a bit backwards now - we had an idea of color that we want for our floor and our cabinets, but not exact ones...so, those will now need to fall in line and play nicely with the granite.

We wound up with a leathered surface. Something neither my DH or I thought we would like based on other ones we saw with that treatment. But, when we saw The One, we both stopped. Pictures don't do it justice (this coming from a photographer), but here she is:

And some close ups:

Comments (23)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional