SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crashboombang

Help, please! (pics)Need opinions on wood fridge panels!

crashboombang
15 years ago

I have been lurking here for a long time through most of our new construction, thankful for all of the wonderful ideas and information posted here. I was waiting until I had the "ahh, we're finished" pictures to post (and we're really close), but now I need help! I'm in need of some opinions and hope I can figure out how to put pictures on here.... So anyway, the cabinet guy came by today to drop off the remaining items to be installed so he can install them tomorrow, including our wood fridge panels. I didn't actually look at them until he left, and when I did they were not exactly what I had expected, and I was somewhat disappointed. I'm trying to decide if they really look bad, or if I'm just too stuck on the image I had of what I thought they'd be (hope that makes sense) and am hoping outside opinions will help. I'm just not sure how well the panels tie-in with the rest of the cabinetry?? In the pictures the panels are just "propped" up against the fridge.

This picture shows the fridge panels and the side panels of the cabinet, which match each other:

{{!gwi}}

These next 2 pictures show the side panels on the oven cabinet, and the relation of the oven and fridge cabinets to each other:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Next are a couple of pictures of other cabinets in the kitchen for comparison. First picture are cabs right next to fridge, and then other cabs in kitchen.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Finally a picture of the dishwasher panel (again just propped up for now) for comparison:

{{!gwi}}

This is more what I had envisioned for the fridge panels - one large framed panel for each side (fridge and freezer) of the fridge, rather than having the extra horizontal pieces like the cabinet side panels do. We've already made several "changes" to cabinetry in various parts of the house with this guy, which we interpreted as his mistakes that needed to be changed, but I'm pretty sure he interpreted as us changing our minds after the fact. So I think any requests for change at this point would not be well received, and I REALLY don't feel like dealing with it, but I also don't want it to look completely "wrong" either. Sorry this is such a long post, but I would really appreciate any honest opinions/suggestions and thanks for reading/looking!

Comments (7)