SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clc08_gw

Help Needed! My before pics...Please give me your opinions....

clc08
15 years ago

Here are before pics. We have ordered Kraftmaid Sonora in Canvas. (creamy white) We will be adding recessed lighting and a 4' window over sink. Fridge will be moved down by the pantry with built-in cabinet. Range will move slightly toward breakfast room so not to be directly in front of sink. Microwave will be built-in across from the fridge by the back door. Will get wall hood over stove. Floors up in the air. We thought we would pick countertops next, then coordinate all to pick out the floor, and finally the backsplash.

Countertops are the question and we are going crazy and driving each other crazy. Husband wants dark, maybe even soapstone. I actually do love soapstone, as well as some of the other darker granites he likes, but I also like some of the lighter granites, as well, Heck, I saw the HGTV 2008 dream kitchen and really liked the light cabinets with the light Silestone.

Anyway, I am concerned that in our small kitchen, the eye will perceive 2 parallel dark surfaces, period. I'm horrible with visualization. Would dark countertops look OK, or should we stick with a lighter countertop to open up the space? It's a good thing I'm a nurse because I'm pretty darned insecure with this.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Comments (7)