SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mghnb

End of Run Range questions

mghnb
9 years ago

My husband and I are moving into a house (built in 1931) and are planning on updating the kitchen. It is very small (9x12) and my main issue is the stove placement. It's next to the entrance from the dining room and there is nowhere that it can be moved. I would like to move the cabinet that is currently over the stove to above the taller cabinet next to it so that they go to the ceiling and then add a new range hood (not undercabinet).

I think that the stainless wall-mounted hoods that vent up to the ceiling would overpower the tiny room and don't really fit in a 1930s kitchen. I would really love suggestions as to what we could do.

I also would like to put some kind of end cap to the left of the stove to minimize the hazard of someone walking right into the stove, but we are limited by the fact that the heat register is right there and can't be covered. Should we leave it as is? Build some kind of open-shelf to add storage but not cover the heat register?

Any ideas or suggestions are very appreciated! I've scoured the internet for ideas for both situations but have found very little information about my situation.

Comments (16)