SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anita55_gw

uh oh rug mistake need advice

anita55
15 years ago

Hi everybody, hope you're all enjoying the holidays! I'm in a rug nightmare and I hope someone can give me advice. Ill refresh your memory - I bought and had end-capped a beautiful runner for my foyer. The foyer is longish and narrowish 13 x 5 and 1/2. I wanted to put something on the tile floor to help deaden sound and to warm up the entry way. The "runner turned area rug" arrived a few days ago, and I don't like it in the hallway, although I still really like the rug, the colors and the feel of it. The length of it makes the hall seem even longer and looks kind of weird to me. Now I did try putting down paper in the hallway to simulate how a rug of that size would look before I placed my order, but I just don't like the way it looks. It's not returnable. Can a rug be lengthened? If I could have that done I would use it on my stairway. It looks great there but is too short. The other alternative would be cut it so that it doesn't start at the door and run the full length of the foyer. Right now it starts at the front door and ends at the end of the last tile in the foyer. Do you think it would look better if it just covered the middle portion of the hall? Was the mistake using a long rug in a long hall? I"m so confused. But my first choice right now would be to have a piece added on and use if for a stair runner. Is that possible? Thanks for listening, and for any input you can give.

Comments (9)