SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Pictures - Help please.. Pretty Please, with sugar on top

tinker_2006
13 years ago

Hello all you wonderful kitchen people, I need your help!

We are going to be building a house, and I think I FINALLY, for real, know the layout. I drool over some of the kitchen here, and what really catches my eyes are kitchens with a window or two.

Background, my kitchen I currently have, is an interior, and just dark. No real light flows into the area so I really want some beautiful sunlight, that's why I moved to Florida 16 yrs ago!

Okay, so I found a plan that gives me an outside kitchen, with an area for a window :) and a bright sunny breakfast nook. My problem is before I can move forward with drafting my plan to build, I must decide on where the sink, frig, stove, etc are going to go, as it will be build on a slab.. and there is no changing my mind!

I have played around with this one design all day, and now I humbly bring it to all of you here for feedback and critique.

The original plan calls for the cooktop in the island, and the whole back wall is pretty much open.. (I'll post a picture). I'm not sure I'm doing a good thing by closing off the kitchen, actually - I like both open and closed floor plans which makes things a wee bit harder to decide! LOL

So, here is the layout I came up with using a $39.00 program. The cabinets and real design can come later, I just need to decide on where to put things so that drafting can start and I can move forward.

THANK YOU
{{!gwi}}From Drop Box

Here is the stock plan from the designer. I am aware the room is a little smaller, as I want to tweak the whole plan to reduce the sq. footage.
{{!gwi}}From Drop Box

Comments (5)