SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmocat_gw

final option help wanted Please...pretty please

cosmocat
12 years ago

Oh my. Just chatted with the contractor. He did not like me moving the laundry room door and the change in traffic flow. And cost issues. So I'm back with two final options. Not much to change. Please help me pick the best one. One main problem is the wall I keep trying to move has some load bearing issues and the cost would be prohibitive. So I need to work with what I have.

Why the dining room pantry/butler's pantry option: The DR is large. The area where I want to place the pantries is a lost, dark corner. The room seems oversized and full of wasted space. Adding the butlers pantry will help the kitchen to feel larger and will allow for a little more light transfer. I would still have a pantry cabinet in the kitchen for the everyday stuff.

Eating area: In both plans, I more or less lose the eating area. One will have an island option with table. The other will have the peninsula option. Both allow for the desk area. This area looks into the family room and there exists a 'window' look through here currently.

X marks the spot. The X in both pics is a needed load bearing corner. Not much I can do to change this unless I want to spend the money.

Here are the pics:

Option 1: Peninsula Option

Option 2: Island/Table combo

I need to have my mind made up soon, so ordering can begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts...comments....concerns....ideas....a kick in the head....any and all are needed.

Comments (53)