SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amysrq

Please vote on Billy bookcase color

amysrq
15 years ago

We had planned to get built-ins in our breakfast room and I figured I'd paint them white. That's been put on hold for a while and I am going to buy some Billy bookcases at Ikea this week instead. The thought is to put one on either side of a small sofa on the wall with the large still life painting.

Should I just stick with the plan to go with white to match the trim and the book case at the end of my island? Or should I get the black-brown to match the kitchen? I am afraid the dark color will be too much...already the dark kitchen is a big statement.

I looked at the Billy page and it turns out there are tons of colors to choose from. Gyads...even red! I was thinking that I could do red...or the black-brown, paint the backs to "lighten them up" and even put glass door on the bottom. The kitchen will have a light frosted glass when I get around to it, so that would tie in.

The room gets tons of natural light, btw. I will be getting a beige sofa for under the painting. Bright pillows will tie in the colors there.

Here's a sweep around the room:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a link to the bookcases

Comments (40)