SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

My big furniture splurge(s)

12 years ago

DH and I have gone a little crazy lately. I think we are in a zone where we are finally replacing some less-than-desirable stuff that we purchased long ago (for cheap) with the stuff that we're going to have 'til we die. Weird to think about it that way, but there it is. Since real-life friends don't get as excited as I do about furniture, I figured I'd share with you guys! Nothing will be delivered until Jan-Feb, but here's what we're getting.

Stickley TV stand, to replace a PB shelf purchased as a "temporary fix" about 6-7 years ago.

Stickley bookcase, which will go in the same room (living room). We are getting both pieces in the same finish even thought they're different in these pics. The finish we're getting is what's shown on the bookcase.

In the same room, we are replacing a falling-apart, wacky lime green chair with this one (previously I posted a chair from Crate & Barrel that I was thinking of, but we happened upon this one at a local store this weekend and DH had to have it). The leather we ordered is a bit darker than what's shown here. To me, this pic makes it look like a huge chair, but it's not.

And this is "my" chair that I just had to have. This will go in a family/sitting room that is off the living room. Ordered without the wood on the arms. Color has not been decided yet -- the book of samples I wanted to see couldn't be located, so they have ordered another one and I will see it next week, but what I'm looking at is mohair. Yum. It is replacing a Pier One wicker chair and will be living beside an antique Stickley rocker. I was able to get the legs in a matching oak.

Usually I am resistant to buying "matchy" furniture -- my style is more eclectic -- but I finally decided that I would be OK with two matching pieces in the same room! The legs on both of the chairs are also going to be in oak in a similar stain to the Stickley items.

Needless to say, I will post pics when everything arrives.

Comments (12)