SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Delicatus - to splurge or not to splurge, that is the question

kellienoelle
12 years ago

I have narrowed down my cabinet selections (finally) to between two options, hopefully will decide by the end of the week. So, moving on to granite.

I have been to many granite places, and I seem to always be drawn to the same one over and over....delicatus. No matter where I go, it catches my eye and I ask what (delicatus) and how much (too much). I should be able to pick it out at this point and steer clear since I know that it is out of my price range, but it is like a darn magnet to me.

Today, I went to another warehouse

. Again, I ended up standing in front of the Delicatus with my door sample, the girl pricing for me tells me a price similar to all of the delicatus prices of other places. The stone supplier (who I had talked to earlier) happens to be there meeting with the owner, tells me that is what he has in his house, and how gorgeous it is, and tells the owner to sell it to me at a much lesser price (about $15 off per sq ft). But that price is still more than I had budgeted (by about $15 per sq ft). I can't find what I LOVE in my price range. I probably need about 50-55 sq ft. So it would be over budget by about $800 (and that is if I stayed on budget anyway - which has been unlikely). So, do I splurge? I know it is my budget and you can't tell me what do ...but come on ... what do ya think?

(pic taking in a warehouse with my crappy cell phone camera without a flash. FYI - probably not the best representation)

Comments (42)