SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cube1067

The urge to purge with a splurge!

cube1067
18 years ago

IÂve set aside the last two weeks in May for painting my two small bedrooms. I have been living in this house for 14 years and I realize now that each room is in some partial state of completion. IÂm tired of it! IÂm not trying to be a magazine layout though I am trying to add beauty and function. IÂm tired of the CHAOS Â which IÂm told stands for CanÂt Have Anyone Over Syndrome. And I seldom have people over now.

My MBR is the dumping ground for furniture that has no use elsewhere. My second bedroom is an office/reading room/ partial dumping ground. So my thoughts are to move everything out that wonÂt be staying in the two rooms, paint the two rooms, and then begin putting the stuff back where I want it.

A lot of work. ItÂs like IÂm "Clean House"ing myself. I hope my back holds out. I see this clean out as "temporary torture". IÂll live with boxes of stuff in the living room while I straighten out my bedrooms. IÂm not trying to get all things perfect in two weeks, but I want the painting done and I want to rearrange the furniture/decor pieces I already own. Then after the two weeks comes the fun part - I get to assess my furniture/rug needs and hit the stores/flea markets etc. I may try out selling my unwanted things on Ebay.

In October I hope to re-paint the living room!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County