SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jiggreen

ever feel guilty after a purge?

jiggreen
18 years ago

no, not bulimia, a cleaning and organizing purge!

sometime last night i got a bee in my bonnet about how much cr@p has accumulated in my house. i looked around my home, and anything that anyone hasn't touched in say a month or so i listed on freecycle. well, most everything was unused for a while except for the dog crate that my dog used just yesterday but i was tired of looking at it. these freecycle people are so prompt in coming to pick stuff up. gone are the large little tikes monstrosities, the doll nursery center, the toddler kitchen center, a wooden doll cradle, the dog crate, an old headboard, an iron railing, 3 huge boxes of toys, 4 garbage bags of clothes and so much more stuff. this should all make me feel happy right? i feel sort of sad, and kind of guilty. my daughter is only 7, maybe she still wanted those toys. and where am i going to put my dog now when i leave the house? and what if i lose 20 pounds and could still fit into that gorgeous Liz Claiborne raw silk dress that's been in the closet for 6 years unworn?

i'm thinking i might have gone overboard...i relish the idea of more space, but things are kind of feeling empty right now. i know, soon enough, i'll fill it up with new cr@p, and then go through this whole thing again, but in the meantime, i'm sort of mourning my old mess.

anybody ever have any regrets after a very spontaneous de-cluttering?

Comments (22)