SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swfr

KD drew up my plans

10 years ago

I have been slowly designing my kitchen. GW has been a tremendous resource for ideas and opinions. I thought it was time to bring back my current work and see what other great ideas and insight I might glean from you all.

The KD from Reico just got back to me with her drawings. There are a few things out of date already, but I will outline them here and hopefully you can call my attention to anything else I might want to consider.

These are the changes I am definitely going back to the KD with:
1) I'm definitely going to do a counter-depth fridge. I don't want the big SS elephant on the main cook wall and having it CD will hopefully help de-emphasize it. I have a large walk-in pantry right around the corner and my extra fridge will be in there.

2) My microwave might also go in the pantry, but I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, I might put it to the left of the fridge.

3) I want the cooktop to be the emphasis of the main wall. For that reason, I want the vent hood built ins to go to 9' (ceiling height) and have some design flair.

These are the questions I have:
1) Center the prep sink? Or off set it so that it sits between the fridge and the stove?
2) Do an angle in the corner for a lazy susan on the bottom? Or do the current super susan on the bottom and just have that be the end of the run up top? I find that corner very hard to plan.

Here's the pro's version of the main cooking wall. It doesn't reflect my decision to go with a CD fridge or a built in vent hood to the ceiling.

Here's the pro's birds eye view. The wall on the top right doesn't stick out that much in reality. And the windows on the sink wall are bigger than she drew them.

Here's the pro's version of the sink wall:

Here's the floorplan for the entire first floor.

Here's the pro's version of the island: (Ignore the wall to the right and the ugly legs won't be happening.)

And this is how I think I want the main wall to look: (Ignore my rookie mistakes on sketch up that have random black lines going through the backsplash, et al)

Thanks so much for looking and sharing fresh ideas!

Comments (9)